Monday 13 April 2020

Easter 2020

We are indeed living in strange times. I hope you are all well and managing to enjoy the time available to try some different things. I feel slightly as if I am convalescent.....with time to spare and no great rush to do anything.....and I'm afraid those jobs I SHOULD be doing still elude me. 
However I am pleased to report that the Orchard is really looking lovely.....a haven of quiet with blossom and birdsong. The daffodils are pretty well over but the bluebells are delightful. The pears (see pic) are at their best and the apple blossom is not far behind.
The Orchard looks really well cared for too since we have replaced many of the deer guard stakes and provided many of the trees with improved support. We are most grateful to the team of volunteers who have managed this. I must also mention (and thank) the team who are on caterpillar watch.....so far none seen! 
Do take the time to visit the Orchard.....listen to the birds and admire the blossom. We need to take our minds off the current crisis and look to the future......
With all good wishes to you all for Easter
Helen

No comments:

Post a Comment